Madras War Cemetery

The Madras War Cemetery is located in Nandambakkam,Chennai. It is of 300 feet width and maintained by London. The cemetery has 600+ brave souls who have died in the First and Second world war.
I went to the Cemetery on Saturday. There were around 8 workers for gardening and other maintaining activities. 
Entrance of Cemetery
There was a big statue of Cross symbol depicting the Lord Jesus. I inquired more about the Cemetery and the people who have visited it. The worker gave me a register to sign and a book of 300 pages. The book had the names and address of the soldiers dead in the world war.
Cross symbol 


Each page had the l
ives of the Soldiers and most of them were at the age 20 - 25. The more i read,the more it pained.  
There was a girl of age 4. Her mother pointed to a grave and said "It's your grandfather". Girl hugged it and she has not seen her grandfather. I had the tears and smile. 

Comments

  1. This is fine photography. From novice to pro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some cool photographs of Madras War Cemetery. After searching the about this I landed here and It was pleasure to see these pics. I just checked here the detail of Madras War Cemetery and I think that is also cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment